Sun Salutations are at the heart of any yoga practice. They can be done at any time throughout the day and are most commonly performed in the morning. A few sun salutations per day can make a difference in how you look, feel, and perform.
Here are some benefits to practicing sun salutations…
- Strengthens muscles and joints.
- Improve heart health & boost immunity
- Improves digestion system
- Helps to overcome anxiety
- Normalizes the endocrine glands, especially the thyroid gland
- Improves overall flexibility
- Creates a calm and balanced mind because of linking breath to movement.
While performing sun salutations a key component is linking your breath to each movement.
Be intentional and mindful about your movements rather than hurrying.