It’s the start of a new year and we just wrapped up the holiday season. This is the time of year when a lot of people need and want to focus on their nutrition.
It’s pretty common for people to want to do a reset right now. Nutritional resets can be helpful from time to time to remind us of how good we feel when we eat whole foods, hydrate, and cook mostly at home. I believe that doing this about every quarter can be beneficial.
Here are some signs that you may be ready for a reset:
- You feel lethargic & sluggish
- You aren’t sleeping well
- Your cravings have taken over, especially for sugar
- Your digestion isn’t great & you are experiencing one or more of these symptoms: gas, bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- You have acne & your skin is breaking out
- You have joint pain
- You have gained weight & just overall don’t feel great
I want to be clear that a reset is not all about weight loss…it is a time to decrease inflammation, support your immune system, balance your hormones, establish & get back to healthy habits, and be more intentional about what and when you are putting things in your mouth.
If used correctly, resets are a way to move you closer to food freedom. They help you to consistently make healthy choices for each meal. The idea is that with each reset you do, more and more of the habits you form stick because you have practice and your body and mind remember how good it feels to feel good!!!
Benefits Of Doing A Reset:
- More energy
- Sleeping better
- Clearer skin
- Improved digestion
- Less joint pain
- Weight loss
- Learn what foods work for & with your body
Resets are NOT HELPFUL when after a predetermined time frame you go right back to what you were eating before. Before long you won’t be feeling your best and the weight, nagging symptoms, and cravings will be right back. They are meant to teach you how the food you are eating is affecting your body, not solely as a weight loss tactic.
If you are looking for coaching, support, and guidance we have two programs to serve you…
- Fresh Start Challenge – this program encompassing exercise, mindset, nutrition, and lifestyle. You will have access to a Transformational Mindset Coach, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, and Registered Dietician for 10 weeks! CLICK HERE to learn more. This program can be done in person, virtual, or a combination of both.
- 21 Day Detox Challenge – this program has helped thousands of people look, feel, and perform better while teaching them about how the food they eat affects their body. It helps you to realize that you didn’t know how good you could actually feel! Many nagging symptoms minimize or simply go away in just 3 weeks. CLICK HERE to learn more.
Now for healthy, delicious recipes that everyone will love that will support any type of reset…
30 Healthy Recipes For A Reset
Rutabaga Hash from PaleOMG
Sweet Potato Sausage Egg Bake from Real Food Rds
Roasted Veggie Breakfast Casserole from Fed & Fit
Breakfast Meal Prep Bowls from Paleo Running Mama
Fall Breakfast Hash from The Transformation Life
Turkey Apple Sausage Patties from Real Food Rds
Rutabaga, Sausage, & Kale Breakfast Casserole from Vibrant Army Wife
Loaded Paleo Breakfast Hash from Paleo Running Mama
Breakfast Fried Cauliflower Rice from Paleo Running Mama
Chinese Chicken Salad from Paleo Running Mama
Leftover Roast Chicken Soup w/Roasted Vegetables from Danielle Walker
Golden Cauliflower Soup from Well Fed
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from PaleOMG
Oven Baked Salmon Cakes from Well Fed
Easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken from Read Food Rds
Loaded Veggie Turkey Meatballs from Savory Lotus
Tuna Salad w/Apples & Pumpkin Seeds from Danielle Walker
Meatball & Veggie Soup from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
Crisp Buffalo Chicken Salad from Paleo Running Mama
15 Minute Egg Roll in a Bowl from Coconut & Kettlebells
Almost 5 Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie from PaleOMG
Chicken Taco Casserole from Fed & Fit
Chocolate Chili from Well Fed
Crockpot Thai Beef Stew from Danielle Walker
Sheet Pan Mini Meatloaf w/Vegetables from Real Food Rds
Big Mac Casserole from Whole Kitchen Sink
Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole from PaleOMG
Beef & Cabbage Noodles from Healthy Living How To
3 Ingredient Dijon Salmon from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen
In Health & Happiness,