To be honest, I really don’t LOVE salmon. When I first started eating it, I didn’t like it at all.
So why do I eat it at least once a week if not twice? Because it is VERY nutrient-dense and has AMAZING health benefits!!!
Over the years, I have found ways to cook salmon so that I like it enough to actually eat it. The other thing I have discovered is that the quality of the salmon matters A LOT! I order the majority of our seafood from Vital Choice because the quality is amazing. I think the investment in high-quality food is worth it. We cook mostly at home so that right there saves money.
You can CLICK HERE to order from Vital Choice and get $10 OFF.
Benefits of Salmon
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are anti-inflammatory, these fats support “good” cholesterol
- Great source of protein
- High in B vitamins
- Good source of potassium
- Loaded with selenium
- Full of vitamins A,D, E and K which benefit bones, joints, eyes, feed the brain, repair muscle, and regulate metabolic balance
- Contains the antioxidant astaxanthin
- May reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering blood pressure & inflammation
- May benefit weight control
- Improves memory and is good food for your brain
- Facilitates healthy skin, the fatty acids in salmon helps your skin to hold water, making it smooth, supple, and youthful
Wow, that is a lot of health benefits in just one food. Salmon is what I would call a SUPERFOOD!
Now for one of my favorite ways to enjoy salmon… This recipe for Baked Salmon Cakes is one that you can meal prep on the weekend or quickly make for an easy weeknight dinner. Enjoy!
In Health & Happiness,