When you’re starting your journey to lose weight there are only 2 Keys To Weight Loss that you need to include.
My mentor and friend Pat Rigsby recently made an awesome post in one of the fitness business coaching FB groups that I lead with him.
With a few small tweaks, it’s a perfect share for anyone reading this that wants to lose weight and/or improve their health and fitness.
When people join a coaching program or hire a personal trainer, it’s due to one of the following:
- They want a better result and aren’t sure how to get there.
- They want to go faster / farther than they can go on their own.
- They want to avoid mistakes.
Unfortunately, hiring a personal trainer isn’t enough.
Joining a gym or starting a personal trainer program doesn’t give you a voucher that you can simply turn in at the ‘ab store’ for a washboard stomach.
Back in my health club days, I’d say putting the gym membership card in your back pocket isn’t going to burn the excess fat on your @$$!
Harsh, but true. 😉
To see success with your weight loss, you must:
- Be coachable.
- Do the work.
Fortunately, both of these are based on choices that you are in complete control of.
Being coachable is:
- Following prescribed guidance from coaches.
- Asking questions.
- Being willing to change.
- Admitting that to have a better YOU, you must be better and do better.
- Getting direction and then continuing to do the same thing.
- Taking input from every ‘guru’ with a free FB group.
- Crying ‘overwhelm’ when it’s time to simply act on one thing.
Doing the work is:
- Being willing to get out of your comfort zone.
- Being consistent.
- Persevering when things are challenging.
- Doing one thing at a time…sequentially, not simultaneously.
- Trying to make all the changes at once.
- Saying ‘there’s too much’ instead of choosing the next right thing or asking for guidance as to your next right thing.
- Saying you’re a perfectionist when you’re really procrastinating.
Here’s what it takes to succeed at a total body transformation with The Transformation Club:
- Building around the fundamentals – the basics.
- Persevering when things get challenging.
- Adopting new habits & behaviors.
- Sticking to a simple plan and building on it as you made progress.
- Engaging with coaches & your community.
And the following is a bad idea when it comes to weight loss:
- Looking for a quick fix diet or prescription weight loss pills that would help them lose weight fast.
- Following 10 different diets at once… (weight watcher, Keto Diet, Intermittent Fasting, Mediterranean Diet… the list goes on…)
- Trying to learn every exercise you know in 30 days.
- Coming to all the sessions we offer.
- Disappearing when things didn’t go your way for a day or two.
- Being unwilling to engage with coaches or fellow clients.
- Doing the exact opposite of the workout routine I prescribe and then wondering why things didn’t work.
Follow theses 2 keys to weight loss, if you want to get great and lasting results:
- Be coachable.
- Do the work.
We can’t do it for you, but we’ll do it with you and support you every step of the way.
But being ready to succeed is up to you.
If you’re ready for your total body transformation, join us at The Transformation Club!